Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Huntsville, AL
Water can accumulate in any space below ground level. A sump pump in your home keeps water from pooling into your basement or crawl space by pumping that water away, typically to a storm drain. Not only will a sump pump prevent flooding, but it also keeps your basement or crawl space free from humidity, leaks, and unpleasant odors.
If you’re looking for sump pump repair or replacement services for your Huntsville home, contact Blake Brothers today, and we’ll ensure your sump pump is working like new.
Signs of Sump Pump Failure
Dealing with a faulty sump pump is frustrating enough, but what if it fails during a torrential downpour? Fortunately, these plumbing appliances often show visible signs of damage, giving you enough time to contact your local plumber for repairs.
Closely monitoring the functionality and condition of your pump will save you from a flooding disaster. Here are five common signs of failure to look for:
- Running Non-Stop: A sump pump that continues to run after all the water is removed from the basin puts enormous strain on the motor and is at risk of overheating. If this persists, your pump could get overworked to failure.
- Strange Noises: Like every other appliance in your home, sump pumps make weird noises when something is wrong. They typically operate quietly, so anything louder than a gentle hum could indicate a problem.
- Erratic Cycles: Is your pump cycling in sporadic bursts? It’s possibly due to a failed check valve. When this happens, the water being pumped out will flow back into the pit, forcing the system to pump the same water repeatedly. This perpetual activity places a lot of stress on the motor, exhausting the pump and increasing the risk of early failure.
- Won’t Turn On: Your pump may fail to turn on for various reasons. If you’re fortunate, the issue is only a tangled float switch, which is simple to untangle without professional help. However, if that isn’t the issue, the problem could be severe enough to require a complete replacement.
- Rust Formation: Rust in your sump pump is something you need to fix immediately. Rust feeds on the iron in the water and can cause water discoloration and clog the system when not addressed soon enough. The longer you wait, the worse it will get.
Sump pumps can give out at any time. You may face significant water damage if it fails during heavy rainfall. Thankfully, Blake Brothers offers emergency plumbing services outside standard business hours, so you are never left to clean up a plumbing mess alone.
Sump Pump Repair Services
Sump pumps can typically last between 10 to 15 years with proper maintenance. Whether your pump is getting older, facing natural wear and tear, or is ready for replacement, contact Blake Brothers for sump pump repair services in Huntsville.
Sump Pump Replacement Services
The best way to know if it’s time to replace your sump pump is to monitor the performance of the pump. If your pump is only a few years old but fails and requires repairs consistently, you’ll save time and money just purchasing a new one.
Do you still use an older plastic or PVC pump? Consider upgrading to a cast-iron, self-lubricating pump for better efficiency. These pumps are quieter, more durable, and require less intensive maintenance.
Regardless of performance, you should replace sump pumps that are approaching ten years old, as it’s simply not worth the risk of flooding. Besides, replacing a pump is much cheaper than renovating a basement destroyed by water damage.
When you need sump pump repair or replacement in Huntsville, call Blake Brothers! You can count on our expert plumbers to recommend the best solutions and always deliver exceptional service.
Financing Options for HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing Services
Convenient financing options are available! Take advantage of our flexible financing options for sump pump repair and replacement in Huntsville and surrounding areas. Contact us to learn more about this amazing offer!
We provide HVAC, electrical, and plumbing services throughout Alabama. Click the link below to find out if our services are available in your area.
What Our Customers Say
"Jared did an excellent job diagnosing our HVAC issue. He was able to perform the service in a timely manner and was able to answer every question I had regarding our system!" ---Justin Colar