The best deals on water heater services in Huntsville and the rest of North Alabama.
Water heaters are generally reliable. Still, like every appliance in your home, they also experience wear and tear issues and break down more frequently the older they get.
When you need water heater service in Huntsville, choose Blake Brothers Plumbing, Electrical, Heating & Air. Our company has served the Huntsville area, including the cities of Huntsville, Athens, Madison, and Decatur, for many years. We provide full-range plumbing services, including a 24/7 service for emergency repairs.
Our Process: Water Heater Repair/Replacement
Book Instantly Online
Click “Book Online” to schedule your service and receive instant confirmation.
A technician will visit your home.
We arrive at your property on time, inspect the issue, and let you know what to expect.
Blake Brothers will perform your water heater repair/replacement.
We fix your heater issues at the source or recommend a replacement if needed.
Customer satisfaction guaranteed.
We stand behind our work. Call us anytime for post-service inquiries or concerns.
Huntsville’s Leading Water Heater Repair and Replacement Company
Water heaters eventually break down from being constantly exposed to water and the expansion/contraction of metals. If your water heater stops heating water properly or starts leaking, contact the plumbing professionals at Blake Brothers immediately.
From water heater installation to repair and maintenance, our team will do everything to ensure that your unit lasts, even exceeds, its expected lifespan and is as energy-efficient as possible to keep operating costs low.
With Blake Brothers Plumbing, Electrical, Heating & Air, you can be sure that you’re getting honest and professional advice. We provide upfront pricing and always discuss the benefits and drawbacks of repairing versus replacing, so you can make an informed decision. If we suggest a replacement, we’ll lay down all of your options and explain each one in a way you can understand.
We are available for emergency repairs 24/7, so don’t lose access to hot water for long. We have the expertise and equipment to get your heater up and running again quickly, and if you want to replace your old system with a new one, we can do that for you too.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair
No one wants to wake up to a freezing shower or a flooded basement due to a water heater malfunction. To avoid these catastrophes, keep an eye out for the following signs of failure:
- There’s rust in your water.
- The heater makes loud cracking or popping noises.
- Water is leaking from or around the tank.
- Your heater fails to heat water, or the water only gets warm, not hot.
- Your heater is experiencing one breakdown after another.
Call your trusted local plumber immediately for repairs or possible replacement if you notice any of these signs. The typical lifespan of a water heater is ten years, at which point you should consider replacing it with a new, energy-efficient model.
Common Reasons Why Water Heaters Fail
Given how often you use it, it’s not surprising that your water heater has developed some issues. But just in case you’re trying to figure out why your unit isn’t working, here are some possible reasons:
- Improper Installation. Sometimes, things that were supposed to be done correctly were not. Before you look elsewhere for the possible cause of your heater malfunction, check how it was installed first. Your heater may be the wrong size, or there could be errors in the installation process. Water heater installation mistakes can occur for a variety of reasons, which is why it’s important to entrust the job to a qualified and experienced professional.
- Internal Rusting. Water heaters have a highly active metal rod extending through the tank’s interior. These rods are called “sacrificial’ anodes because they corrode in place of the metal they safeguard. It is recommended to replace your tank’s sacrificial anode when less than 50% of it is left. If there is no longer any sacrificial metal on the anode rod, your water heater tank can corrode, causing your unit to malfunction and eventually burst.
- Sediment Buildup. Mineral deposits separate and settle to the bottom of your water heater tank as water is heated. This issue is common in households with hard water, where sediment builds up faster, affecting the unit’s performance and causing eventual damage.
- High Water Pressure. Excessive water pressure can cause damage to your water heater, pipes, and other appliances. If water is leaking from the overflow pipe on the side of your water heater, your water pressure may be too high, and you should consider calling a plumber to check it.
- Old Age. The average lifespan of a water heater is 8-12 years. Beyond that, your water heater is living on borrowed time. If you’re experiencing problems with rust, a faulty heating element, or a pilot light that won’t stay lit, it’s likely because your water heater is too old and needs to be replaced.
- Lack of Maintenance. One of the leading causes of water heater failure is a lack of routine inspections. If you don’t check as often as you should, you might miss the warning signs that it needs servicing. You should pay more attention to your water heater if you don’t want to replace it way before it’s rated.
Avoid Sudden Breakdowns with Routine Water Heater Maintenance
When was your last professional water heater inspection? If it’s more than a year ago, sediment may have already settled on the components inside the tank. If you allow it to go on longer, you might be shelling thousands of dollars for a premature replacement.
Restore the efficiency and performance of your water heater with a full tune-up and maintenance service from Blake Brothers. Call us today or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Low Monthly Payments Financing for HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing Services
Convenient financing options available!
Blake Brothers provides flexible financing options for our water heater services in the Huntsville area, so you need not go without hot water for another day. Interested in this offer? Contact us today!
Why Choose Blake Brothers?
Instant schedule confirmation.
Book online now to receive your appointment confirmation.
Affordable service, transparent pricing.
Honest, upfront pricing for all our services. No surprises, hidden fees, or extra charges
Available 24/7 for emergencies.
HVAC or plumbing emergency? Call us!
We’re at your service any time of the day or night.
Monthly payment plans to fit any budget – finance any major repair or replacement.
We provide HVAC, electrical, and plumbing services throughout Alabama. Click the link below to find out if our services are available in your area.
What Our Customers Say
"Jared did an excellent job diagnosing our HVAC issue. He was able to perform the service in a timely manner and was able to answer every question I had regarding our system!" ---Justin Colar